CLASSIC ITALY TOUR 2019
ROME - FLORENCE - VENICE
10 DAYS / 9 NIGHTS STARTING IN ROME
DAY #1: WELCOME TO ITALY!
We will meet you at the Rome Fiumicino airport and transport you to the center of Rome where you will spend your first four nights. Our first afternoon will be spent getting settled after your flight and after a short rest, we’ll head for a brief introduction to Rome on foot - visiting the bustling neighborhood of Monti and then heading towards the Capitoline Museum for an easy tour of its art. This evening we’ll head out together for an aperitivo at a local bar for a
true Roman introduction to wine & food, followed by dinner at a famous restaurant in the center.
DAY #2: VATICAN MUSEUM, TREVI FOUNTAIN, AND THE COLOSSEUM AT NIGHT
Today we’ll head to Vatican City to for our guided tour of the Vatican Museum (including the Sistine Chapel) and St Peter’s Basilica. If the Pope is in town and the day allows, we will attend a mass in the morning before our tour. We’ll then make our way back to Rome’s city center on foot, and after working up a big appetite we’ll stop for lunch in the famous Piazza Navona. After lunch we’ll head on foot to visit the Trevi Fountain, the Parliament and Piazza del Popolo. We’ll return to the hotel in the early evening for some relaxing time before dinner. Tonight we’ll explore Rome together, which offers a different way to experience this beautiful city. We’ll take a drive to see the Colosseum lit up, the Jewish Ghetto and the Aventino Hill.
DAY #3: VISITING THE COLOSSEUM AND THE ROMAN FORUM
Today will be focused touring the Colosseum and the Roman Forum until lunch, where we’ll enjoy together a beautiful meal at Altare della Patria. We’ll return to the hotel after lunch for some free time to shop, enjoy a cafe or wine and people watch, or explore Rome on your own. Tonight we’ll have an optional dinner together in Trastevere, a quaint neighborhood full of shopping, restaurants & bars on the other side of the river.
DAY #4: FINAL DAY IN ROME
Today you have the option of joining the group for a guided tour of the incredible Borghese Gallery or spending the afternoon on your own, exploring Rome by foot. We can offer a loose guided tour for you to follow if you choose to venture on your own.
ACCOMODATION OPTIONS IN ROME:
- Platinum Luxury Plus: For our Platinum Luxury Plus Option, we offer either the Hotel de Russie Rocco Forte Collection or J.K Place. The Hotel de Russie Rocco and J.K Place are both 5-star luxury hotels centrally located in Rome.
- Platinum: For our Platinum Option, we offer guests a stay at the Hotel Raphael, a 5-star hotel in the famous Piazza Navona.
- Gold: For our Gold Option, we offer guests a stay at the Hotel Conciliazione or the Relais Monti. Both offer comfortable and accommodating stays in central Rome.
- Silver: For our Silver Option, we offer guests a stay at the Hotel Ivanhoe in the beautiful and hip neighborhood of the Monti.
DAY #5: FIRST DAY IN FLORENCE
We provide the transfer from Rome to Florence. Before settling into Florence, we will stop for a picnic tea at the beautiful Villa Demidoff just outside of the city. Here we will get our first breath of fresh Tuscan air and have a tour of the grounds. Next, we'll check in and get settled at your hotel. We’ll enjoy lunch at the wonderful Torcicoda. In the afternoon we will visit the Uffizi and Gallery of the Accademia (where we'll highlight Michelangelo works), followed by a
visit to the architecture of the Palazzo Rucellai, the Bargello museum (Donatello's David) and the church of Santa Croce (Pazzi chapel). We will visit the famous duomo and for those who wish to, climb to the top to see Florence from above. Optional dinner in central Florence at 8pm.
DAY #6: TUSCAN COUNTRYSIDE, SIENA & SAN GIMIGNANO, & CHIANTI WINE TOUR
A special trip into the Tuscan countryside: Siena and San Gimignano. This morning, we will depart for a full-day excursion to the charming countryside of Tuscany. This region is justly famous for its natural beauty, magnificent wine, and incredible food. We will drive towards the hills of Siena for a visit to the picturesque towns of Siena and San Gimignano known as the “Town of Towers.” With its narrow streets and picturesque houses, San Gimignano will leave a lasting impression of the richness of Tuscan and Italian culture. Cap the day with a visit to one of Chianti’s famous wineries. Lunch will be served during the tour. Return to Florence in the late afternoon for a visit to the famous duomo, Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore. Those who wish can climb to the top of the duomo to see Florence from above.
ACCOMODATION OPTIONS IN FLORENCE:
- Platinum Plus Luxury: Four Seasons Florence or Rocco Forte Hotel Savoy . Both high-end 5-star luxury hotel options centrally located in Florence.
- Platinum: For our Platinum Option, we offer guests a stay at the magnificent NH Collection Firenze Porta Rossa.
- Gold: For our Gold Option, we offer guests a stay at Hotel L’Orologio or Hotel Tornabuoni. We also can offer a stay at FH55 Hotel Calzaiuoli.
- Silver: For our Silver Option, we offer guests a stay at Hotel La Scaletta, a lovely centrally located 3-star hotel. We also have the option of Dedo Boutique Hotel, another centrally located & comfortable 3-star hotel.
DAY #7: FIRST DAY IN VENICE
Today will be a travel morning from Florence to Venice, where we’ll organize your transfer and take in some spectacular scenic views of the lagoon as we approach Venice by train. After checking into our hotel, we will have a memorable tour of St. Mark’s Basilica, led by an expert local guide. Examples of the many artworks on display include the dazzling golden
altarpiece known as the Pala d’Oro and the life-size bronze Horses of St. Marks. Free afternoon to explore Venice.
DAY #8: EXPLORING VENICE & GONDOLA RIDE
We will begin our day with a cruise down the Grand Canal to visit the city’s former Jewish Ghetto. Afterwards set out on a walking tour of the narrow streets around St. Mark’s Square and the Grand Canal. Visit the lavish Doge’s Palace, the seat of government here for centuries and the former residence of the rulers of the Venetian Republic. Take a moment to marvel at the lavish frescoes, graceful staircases and gilded stucco work that reveal the glory and opulence of earlier times. Next, embark on a romantic gondola ride, before an afternoon at leisure.
Day #9: ISLANDS OF BURANO & MURANO
We’ll head out for a cruise through the Venetian Lagoon to the islands Burano and Murano. Burano, a true fisherman’s island, is a photographer’s dream! With rows of colorful houses, this island is bound to leave with you a photo album full of memories. Murano is another island very famous but instead for its glass. There we’ll do some shopping & see some
glass blowing activities. We’ll enjoy lunch at Versus Meridianem on Murano. After our tour of the islands, we’ll head back for a free afternoon in Venice. We will go out for a farewell dinner together in the heart of Venice!
DAY #10: ARRIVEDERCI!
Today we will transport you to the Venice airport for your departure flight.
ACCOMODATION OPTIONS IN VENICE:
- Platinum Luxury Plus: For our Platinum Plus Package, we offer guests either a stay at the famous Danieli. Danieli not only has beautiful accommodation, but they also have a terraced restaurant with exquisite food. With views of the lagoon & the grand canal, this remarkable hotel is part of Marriott’s Luxury Accommodation for good reason.
- Platinum: For our Platinum Package, we have the magnificent L’orologio five-star hotel that overlooks the Canal Grande.
- Gold: For our Gold Option, we offer guests a stay at Pensione Accademia. This family-run hotel is perfectly situated adjacent to the Grand Canal. In the heart of the historic district, you’ll be surrounded by the tranquility of the ground’s gardens and waterways.
- Silver: For our Silver Package, we offer guests a stay at Hotel Cannaregio 2357 , a comfortable hotel in a great location.
Included in the above pricing:
- Lunches & (4) dinners
- All hotel accommodations with full breakfast
- All transportation, transfers & transportation tickets included in this itinerary. Including first class tickets on Hi-speed Euro Star trains.
- Wine tastings
- English speaking tour guide. We can also hire guides in your native tongue for an additional fee, depending on the language.
- Guided group tour of Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel
Guided group tour of Colosseum & Roman Forum
Please Note: The entire group must choose the same options for day outings. We cannot split the options for individuals within the group. Individuals within the group may choose different accommodation packages. For example, one couple can choose the Gold Package Option and another couple the Silver Package option.
20% deposit is due upon booking. The balance to be paid 30 days prior to tour date. For reservations made within 30 days of tour, full payment is due upon booking. We accept bank transfers as well as online payment via credit card.