CLASSIC ITALY + COMO SELF-GUIDED TOUR 2020
ROME - FLORENCE - VENICE - LAKE COMO
13 DAYS / 12 NIGHTS STARTING IN ROME
We are pleased to introduce our Classic Italy extended tour with Lake Como for 2020! We are offering a beautiful 12 day tour to dive deep into what the classic Italy adventure entails: good food, good wine, important & rich history and la dolce vita. We take pride in ensuring each hotel is hand-picked by our staff, highlighting only the best of the best, unique and authentic places for our guests to stay.
Please note: This tour is designed for people who like to travel on their own terms, but we are always willing and able to make your experience easier or more convenient. We have provided many optional services, so for the below itinerary all items marked *Optional are additional costs and not included in the total price. To arrange *Optional additions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your first & last name plus date of tour.
DAY #1: WELCOME TO ROME!
*Optional transfer from Rome Fiumicino airport to the center of Rome where you will spend your first three nights. Your first afternoon will be spent getting settled after your flight and after a short rest, you can go for your brief introduction to Rome on foot - visiting the bustling neighbourhood of Monti and then heading towards the Capitoline Museum for an easy tour of its art. In the evening we will recommend a wine bar to enjoy an aperitivo at a local bar for a true Roman introduction to wine & food, followed by dinner at a famous restaurant in the centre.
DAY #2: VATICAN CITY & TREVI FOUNTAIN
Today we’ll head to Vatican City to for 4-hour guided tour of the Vatican Museum (including the Sistine Chapel) and St Peter’s Basilica. You can then make your way back to Rome’s city centre on foot, and after working up a big appetite you can stop for lunch in the famous Piazza Navona. After lunch you can head on foot to visit the Trevi Fountain, the Parliament and Piazza del Popolo. You’ll return to the hotel in the early evening for some relaxing time before dinner. Tonight would be a good time to explore Rome in the dark, which offers a different way to experience this beautiful city. *Optional transfer by car to see the Colosseum lit up, the Jewish Ghetto and the Aventino Hill.
Day #3: COLOSSEUM AND ROMAN FORUM
Today you’ll have an *Optional guided tour of the Colosseum and the Roman Forum until lunch, where you will enjoy a beautiful meal at a typical restaurant, like Altare della Patria. You can return to the hotel after lunch for some free time to shop, enjoy a cafe or wine and people watch, or explore Rome on your own. Tonight is an *Optional dinner in Trastevere, a quaint neighbourhood full of shopping, restaurants & bars on the other side of the river.
Day #4: FINAL DAY IN ROME
Today you can enjoy an *Optional guided tour of the incredible Borghese Gallery. or spending your final day in this beautiful city exploring the various neighbourhood and endless places to enjoy.
ACCOMODATION OPTIONS IN ROME:
- Silver: For our Silver Option, we offer guests a stay at the Hotel Ivanhoe in the beautiful and hip neighbourhood of the Monti or the Trevi Beau Boutique Hotel
- Gold: For our Gold Option, we offer guests a stay at the Hotel Conciliazione or the Relais Monti. Both offer comfortable and accommodating stays in central Rome.
- Platinum: For our Platinum Option, we offer guests a stay at the Hotel D’inghilterra, a beautiful 5-star luxury hotel in Rome’s center.
- Platinum Luxury Plus: For our Platinum Luxury Plus Option, we offer either the Hotel de Russie Rocco Forte Collection. The Hotel de Russie Rocco is a 5-star luxury hotel centrally located in Rome. We also offer guests a stay at the Hotel Raphael, another 5-star hotel in the famous Piazza Navona.
DAY #5: FIRST DAY IN FLORENCE
*Optional transfer from Rome to Florence. Before settling into Florence, we can plan an *Optional picnic tea at the beautiful Villa Demidoff just outside of the city. Here we will get our first breath of fresh Tuscan air and have a tour of the grounds. You can enjoy lunch at the wonderful Torcicoda. In the afternoon, you will have a 4-hour guided tour of the Uffizi and Gallery of the Accademia (where we'll highlight Michelangelo works), followed by a visit to the architecture of the Palazzo Rucellai, the Bargello museum (Donatello's David) and the church of Santa Croce (Pazzi chapel). We will visit the famous duomo and for those who wish to, climb to the top to see Florence from above. *Optional dinner in central Florence at 8pm.
DAY #6: OPTIONAL TRIP TO SIENA, SAN GIMIGNANO & CHIANTI WINE TASTING
Today you have an *Optional trip into the Tuscan countryside: Siena and San Gimignano. If you decide to go on this excursion, in the morning, we will depart for a full-day excursion to the charming countryside of Tuscany. This region is justly famous for its natural beauty, magnificent wine, and incredible food. We will drive towards the hills of Siena for a visit to the picturesque towns of Siena and San Gimignano known as the “Town of Towers.” With its narrow streets and picturesque houses, San Gimignano will leave a lasting impression of the richness of Tuscan and Italian culture. Cap the day with a visit to one of Chianti’s famous wineries. Lunch will be served during the tour. Return to Florence in the late afternoon for a visit to the famous duomo, Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore. Those who wish can climb to the top
of the duomo to see Florence from above.
ACCOMODATION OPTIONS IN FLORENCE:
- Silver: For our Silver Option, we offer guests a stay at Hotel La Scaletta, a lovely centrally located 3-star hotel. We also have the option of Dedo Boutique Hotel, another centrally located & comfortable 3-star hotel.
- Gold: For our Gold Option, we offer guests a stay at Hotel L’Orologio or Hotel Tornabuoni. We also can offer a stay at FH55 Hotel Calzaiuoli.
- Platinum: For our Platinum Option, we offer guests a stay at the magnificent NH Collection Firenze Porta Rossa or J.K. Place Firenze. Both luxury, 5-star hotels.
- Platinum Plus Luxury: Four Seasons Florence or Rocco Forte Hotel Savoy . Both high-end 5-star luxury hotel options centrally located in Florence.
DAY #7: HEADING TO THE LAKES
*Optional transfer from Florence to Lake Como + *Optional afternoon wine tasting along the way. We’ll get settled into your accommodation in Stresa or Como, and take the evening to relax in our new setting.
DAY #8: BEAUTIFUL BELLAGIO
Guided tour to Bellagio to explore this quaint town on the water. Bellagio is absolutely breathtaking and a perfect place to take some photos. Scattered with small alleyways and gardens, Bellagio is a perfect introduction to the lake district. We’ll go to Cava Turacciolo for a wine tasting & light lunch. We’ll stop at some of the breathtaking towns along the coast,
including Nesso so we can see it’s cascading waterfall that breaks the ravine. We’ll enjoy lunch at a local restaurant before heading back to our accommodation. We’ll have a free afternoon to relax by the lake or hotel’s pool, or we can offer rides to smaller towns to do some shopping.
DAY #9: ISOLA COMACINA
*Optional excursion to Isola Comacina, the only island in Como. The Isola Comacina is said to be home to the beginning of the development of Italy’s medieval art. With break taking views and layers of history, we’ll explore this unique island together and stop for lunch. *Optional wine tastings, a cheese tasting or an aperitivo with views over the lake.
In the lakes district, we have two options based on your interests. We can stay in either Lake Como or Stresa. Below you will find our hotel accommodations for all packages for both places.
- Silver: For our Silver Package, we offer guests a stay at B&B Convent Sant’Antonio, a family run B&B with quaint style.
- Gold: For our Gold Option, we offer guests a stay at the Sheraton Lake Como, situated conveniently in Como with a private swimming pool.
- Platinum: For our Platinum Package, we offer stays at either the Hilton or Palazzo Albricci. The Hilton offers a strategic location between Como and Switzerland, with a rooftop bar, infinity pool & hot tub plus a wellness spa onsite. The Palazzo Albricci is a luxury accommodation with sophisticated design.
- Platinum Plus Luxury: We offer a stay at the beautiful Villa D’este, one of Europe’s most acclaimed luxury hotels.
DAY #10: FIRST DAY IN VENICE
*Optional transfer from Lake Como to Venice, where we’ll take in some spectacular scenic views of the lagoon as we approach Venice by train or private car. *Optional stop in Verona, where we can visit the famous balcony of Romeo & Juliette and enjoy lunch & tasting at Brunelli Winery, just outside of the city. After checking into your hotel, you will have a memorable 4-hour tour of Venice, including St. Mark’s Basilica, led by an expert local guide. Examples of the many artworks on display include the dazzling golden altarpiece known as the Pala d’Oro and the life-size bronze Horses of St. Marks. Free afternoon to explore Venice.
DAY #11: EXPLORING VENICE & GONDOLA RIDE
*Optional day tour with a cruise down the Grand Canal to visit the city’s former Jewish Ghetto. Afterwards set out on a walking tour of the narrow streets around St. Mark’s Square and the Grand Canal. Visit the lavish Doge’s Palace, the seat of government here for centuries and the former residence of the rulers of the Venetian Republic. Take a moment to marvel at the lavish frescoes, graceful staircases and gilded stuccowork that reveal the glory and opulence of
earlier times. Next, embark on an *Optional romantic gondola ride, before an afternoon at leisure.
Day #12: COLORFUL BURANO AND THE FAMOUS GLASS OF MURANO
*Optional day tour for a cruise through the Venetian Lagoon to the islands Burano and Murano. Burano, a true fisherman’s island, is a photographer’s dream! With rows of colorful houses, this island is bound to leave with you a photo album full of memories. Murano is another island very famous but instead for its glass. There we’ll do some shopping & see some glass blowing activities. You can enjoy lunch at Versus Meridianem on Murano. After your tour of
the islands, we’ll head back for a free afternoon in Venice.
DAY #13: DEPARTURE DAY
After a relaxing breakfast, *Optional transport to the airport in Venice.
ACCOMODATION OPTIONS IN VENICE:
- Platinum Luxury Plus: For our Platinum Plus Package, we offer guests either a stay at the famous Danieli. Danieli not only has beautiful accommodation, but they also have a terraced restaurant with exquisite food. With views of the lagoon & the grand canal, this remarkable hotel is part of Marriott’s Luxury Accommodation for good reason.
- Platinum: For our Platinum Package, we have the magnificent L’orologio five-star hotel that overlooks the Canal Grande.
- Gold: For our Gold Option, we offer guests a stay at Pensione Accademia. This family-run hotel is perfectly situated adjacent to the Grand Canal. In the heart of the historic district, you’ll be surrounded by the tranquility of the ground’s gardens and waterways.
- Silver: For our Silver Package, we offer guests a stay at Hotel Cannaregio 2357 , a comfortable hotel in a great location.
Included in the above pricing is:
- All lunches
- All hotel accommodations with full breakfast
- Booking of hotels + lunches
- 4 walking tours x 4 hour for each location with an English speaking guide
Not included in the above pricing:
- *Optional additions
- Transportation, transfers, transportation tickets
- Museum tickets
- Wine tastings
Above pricing is per person, double occupancy
Terms & Conditions:
20% deposit is due upon booking. The balance to be paid 30 days prior to tour date. For reservations made within 30 days of tour, full payment is due upon booking.We accept bank transfers as well as online payment via credit card.